alhamdullah

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
alhamdullah

Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity

Adam (AS) and Hawwah (Eve) Are Deceived by Iblis (Satan), Yet Forgiven by Allah (SWT) and Receive Guidance Thereafter

Adam (AS) and Hawwah (Eve) Are Deceived by Iblis (Satan), Yet Forgiven by Allah (SWT) and Receive Guidance Thereafter Empty Adam (AS) and Hawwah (Eve) Are Deceived by Iblis (Satan), Yet Forgiven by Allah (SWT) and Receive Guidance Thereafter

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:42 am

Adam (AS) and Hawwah (Eve) Are Deceived by Iblis (Satan), Yet Forgiven by Allah (SWT) and Receive Guidance Thereafter

• (Qur’an Ch.7 vv.10-27): 10. It is We Who have placed you with authority on earth, and provided you therein with means for the fulfilment of your life: small are the thanks that ye give! 11. It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels bow down to Adam, and they bowed down; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who bow down. 12. ((Allah)) said: “What prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?” He said: “I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay.” 13. ((Allah)) said: “Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures).” 14. He said: “Give me respite till the day they are raised up.” 15. ((Allah)) said: “Be thou among those who have respite.” 16. He said: “Because thou hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way: 17. “Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor wilt thou find, in most of them, gratitude (for thy mercies).” 18. ((Allah)) said: “Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow thee,- Hell will I fill with you all. 19. “O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and enjoy (its good things) as ye wish: but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression.” 20. Then began Satan to whisper suggestions to them, bringing openly before their minds all their shame that was hidden from them (before): he said: “Your Lord only forbade you this tree, lest ye should become angels or such beings as live for ever.” 21. And he swore to them both, that he was their sincere adviser. 22. So by deceit he brought about their fall: when they tasted of the tree, their shame became manifest to them, and they began to sew together the leaves of the garden over their bodies. And their Lord called unto them: “Did I not forbid you that tree, and tell you that Satan was an avowed enemy unto you?” 23. They said: “Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost.” 24. ((Allah)) said: “Get ye down. With enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood,- for a time.” 25. He said: “Therein shall ye live, and therein shall ye die; but from it shall ye be taken out (at last).” 26. O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness,- that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition! 27. O ye Children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as He got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the evil ones friends (only) to those without faith.
    (Qur’an Ch. 2 vv.28-38): 28. How can ye reject the faith in Allah.- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return. 29. It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth; Moreover His design comprehended the heavens, for He gave order and perfection to the seven firmaments; and of all things He hath perfect knowledge. 30. Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: “I will create a vicegerent on earth.” They said: “Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?” He said: “I know what ye know not.” 31. And He taught Adam the nature of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: “Tell me the nature of these if ye are right.” 32. They said: “Glory to Thee, of knowledge We have none, save what Thou Hast taught us: In truth it is Thou Who art perfect in knowledge and wisdom.” 33. He said: “O Adam! Tell them their natures.” When he had told them, Allah said: “Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of heaven and earth, and I know what ye reveal and what ye conceal?” 34. And behold, We said to the angels: “Bow down to Adam” and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith. 35. We said: “O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden; and eat of the bountiful things therein as (where and when) ye will; but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression.” 36. Then did Satan make them slip from the (garden), and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: “Get ye down, all (ye people), with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time.” 37. Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful. 38. We said: “Get ye down all from here; and if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
    (Qur’an Ch.20 vv.115-123) - 115. We had already, beforehand, taken the covenant of Adam, but he forgot: and We found on his part no firm resolve. 116. When We said to the angels, “Prostrate yourselves to Adam”, they prostrated themselves, but not Iblis: he refused. 117. Then We said: “O Adam! verily, this is an enemy to thee and thy wife: so let him not get you both out of the Garden, so that thou art landed in misery. 118. “There is therein (enough provision) for thee not to go hungry nor to go naked, 119. “Nor to suffer from thirst, nor from the sun’s heat.” 120. But Satan whispered evil to him: he said, “O Adam! shall I lead thee to the Tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that never decays?” 121. In the result, they both ate of the tree, and so their nakedness appeared to them: they began to sew together, for their covering, leaves from the Garden: thus did Adam disobey his Lord, and allow himself to be seduced. 122. But his Lord chose him (for His Grace): He turned to him, and gave him Guidance. 123. He said: “Get ye down, both of you,- all together, from the Garden, with enmity one to another: but if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from Me, whosoever follows My Guidance, will not lose his way, nor fall into misery.
    (Qur’an Ch.3 v.33): Allah did choose Adam and Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of ‘Imran above all people.
    (Qur’an Ch. 17 vv.61-65): 61. Behold! We said to the angels: “Bow down unto Adam”: They bowed down except Iblis: He said, “Shall I bow down to one whom Thou didst create from clay?” 62. He said: “Seest Thou? this is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway - all but a few!” 63. ((Allah)) said: “Go thy way; if any of them follow thee, verily Hell will be the recompense of you (all)- an ample recompense. 64. “Lead to destruction those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them.” But Satan promises them nothing but deceit. 65. “As for My servants, no authority shalt thou have over them:” Enough is thy Lord for a Disposer of affairs.
    (Qur’an Ch.18 v.50): Behold! We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam”: They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!

• (Hadith Qudsi 34): On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say: Allah the Almighty said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.” It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

http://yearningforislam.wordpress.com/2008/11/14/basic-outline-of-the-story-of-adam-as-and-hawwa-as-found-in-the-qur

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:45 pm