alhamdullah

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
alhamdullah

Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity

The Polygamy of the Prophet 1

majed shurafa
    majed shurafa
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 103
    Registration date : 2009-03-13

The Polygamy of the Prophet  1 Empty The Polygamy of the Prophet 1

Post  majed shurafa Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:42 am

The insulters of Islam said that Muhammad (PBUH);

- Married his adopted son’s x-wife (his adopted son's name is Zaid Ibn Haretha).

- Allowed himself to marry any woman dedicate herself to him (i.e. he is sensual).

Refuting this Suspicion

1-It is well proved from the biography of Muhammad (PBUH) that he has never married before being 25 years, although marrying in an early age was from the conventions of the Pre-Islamic era for the sake of getting many sons, as they would support and boost the tribe. It is also known that he was a pure and moral person and did not seek for illegal passion, even though there were in the same community many adulteresses making their houses the residence of vice with banners on the top to show the way for the forbidden enjoyment seekers.

In spite of all these circumstances that made deviation and fornication easy in Makkah, he was never known except for purity and virtue. Allah's eye was saving him from the devil's plot.

Once his young mates took him to a place where there was forbidden enjoyment, Allah covered him with sleep and he didn't wake up till his mates awaked him to return back home.

2- When the Prophet was twenty-five years old he didn’t marry a virgin girl; he married a previously married woman who was fifteen years older than him. She had two sons who were closely twenty years old. She was Khadija (May Allah be pleased with her) and she was the one who chose to marry the Prophet after she knew how pure, chaste and honest he is when he was working for her as a trader.

3-The Prophet didn't marry any other woman until his wife Khadija died.

He spent his youth with her and all his kids were from her except Ibrahim who was from Maria the Coptic.

4- He lived his life after her death loving her, living with her memories and mentioning her good deeds because they were so special in his life especially for the success of his message.

He said about Khadija: "She believed in me when the people didn't and supported me with her money". He was thankfully mentioning her deeds all the time, fulfilling her memory and welcoming her friends, to the extend that made Aisha( his wife) feel very jealous about that.

But for his polygamy- like many other prophets- this was for many reasons:

He – may Allah's blessings be upon him – was more than fifty years old after the death of his wife Khadija; the age in which the fagot of lust or any sense instinct had been extinguished.

And on the other hand, the need to have someone who takes care of you and your kids increases…..

Here are the circumstances of these marriages:

The first wife was: Sauda daughter of Zam'a

After the death of Khadija – may Allah be pleased with her – the Prophet had great sadness in his house and among his companions – may Allah be pleased with them. They felt extremely sorry for him as he missed the woman who took great care of him and his kids. In addition to that he lost his uncle Abou-taleb; the most one supporting him and facing the polytheists .

And this year was called the year of sorrow.

In such a sad and lonely atmosphere the Prophet needed who can take care of him and his children. A Muslim woman came to him called Khaula daughter of Hakim Alselmyya and said: Oh! Allah's Prophet, I feel that you are lonely after the death of Khadija.

He answered: Yes, she was my children's mother and housewife. She said: Can I bring you a bride? He said with surprise: But who will be after Khadija? She mentioned Aisha daughter of Abou-bakr. He said: She is still young. She

(Khaula) said: engage her now and wait till she became mature.

He (PBUH) said: but who will serve for the house and my daughters? She said: Sauda daughter of Zam'a. He asked Sauda and her father and they accepted and get married in Makkah...They married in Ramadan, year10 after legation to become the prophets first wife after Khadija (may Allah be pleased with all of them).

The people of Makkah got astonished of that marriage as Sauda had neither beauty nor ancestral claims. She can't replace Khadija who was very beautiful, with ancestral claims and all people wanted her.

Here all insulters and offenders of Islam have to know: this is the first wife after Khadija. She was one of the believers who immigrated to Abyssinia with her husband to find a safe shelter from Quraish. The prophet married her after she returned from Abyssinia and lost her husband to protect her with her children.

So this marriage was not a result of a lust from the Prophet but relieving sake of a Muslim woman who was left without a man to take care of her and her sons.

The second wife after Khadija was Aisha daughter of Abou-bakr whom the Prophet said about:” he is the best guard over me in his money and companionship and if I would choose a friend I would take him but he is my brother in Islam.”

Abou-bakr was well known in supporting “Al Da’wa” with his money; the Prophet said about him that his money was the most useful for him.

And Aisha’s mother was Om-Roman daughter of Amer Al-kenany, she was from the lofty companions. When she died the Prophet stepped down into her grave and prayed: "Oh Allah! You know what have happened to Om-Roman for you and your prophet". He said about her in the day she died: "If anyone wants to see the gazelle black eyed (Hour) had to look to Om-Roman".

None ever in Makkah was surprised of the affinity between the two friends the Prophet and Abu Bakr, as it was very expected. For them it was a very normal marriage, and if there were anything to doubt about it they wouldn’t stop insulting it.

So the marriage between the Prophet and a girl younger than him by almost forty years is not an odd thing because it was familiar in that society.

But the Orientalists and the insulters of Islam accused him of being lustful. They insist on ignoring the fact that these kinds of marriages were familiar at that time in this era; some other examples we can see below:

1- Abdulmuttaleb; the grandfather of the Prophet (PBUH) married Hala the cousin of Amena (the mother of the Prophet, who married the youngest sons of Abdulmuttaleb).

2- Omar bin Al Khattab married the daughter of Ali bin Abi-Taleb while Omar was elder than her father.

3- Omar bin Al Khattab offered his daughter Hafsa for Abou-Bakr to marry her, while the age difference between them was the same between the Prophet and Aisha.

These were the habits of that society when the Prophet married Aisha. But the Orientalists and the insulters of Islam saw in this marriage a great event to offend both Islam and Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) – as they say – that the elderly man married the virgin young girl.

The third wife: Hafsa daughter of Omar the young widow:

She was the wife of Hanis bin Huthafa Al-sahmy, who was a lofty companion that immigrated to Abyssinia twice then to Madienah. He died after getting wounded in the battle of Ohud. His wife Hafsa became a widow in a very young age.

This made Omar her father very sad as her beauty was extinguishing day after a day. He searched for a groom for his daughter as he was a pitiful father and because this act was normal at that time in this society (to look for a husband for one’s daughter).

Such a feeling was the motive for Omar to speak to Abou-bakr who did not reply on Omar’s request. Then he went to Othman bin Affan who refused this offer too.

Omar felt very disappointed and went to the Prophet who said to Omar:” Hafsa will get married to the one who is better than Othman and Othman will marry who is better than Hafsa”.

Omar knew what the Prophet meant by this; that the Prophet himself will marry Hafsa and Othman will marry one of the Prophet's daughters. He ran to his daughter very happily and was satisfied that Allah had relieved the agony of his daughter.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:58 pm